Experience living history through a 2-day excursion combining a visit to Ancient Olympia, the most important sanctuary and athletic center in Ancient Greece, and the awe-inspiring citadel of the Mycenaean civilization.
During the first day of your excursion, before reaching the town of Olympia, you will stop at the Corinth Canal; besides its historic significance, which you will learn about, it also offers a perfect photo-shooting opportunity. Crossing over it, you will proceed to the archeological site of Mycenae where the palace of legendary Agamemnon, who led the Greeks during the Trojan War, once stood. Following that, you will visit the atmospheric town of Nafplio to explore its cobbled streets and also other facets of this little-known gem (alternatively you may choose to explore the imposing site of Ancient Messini).
On the second day, you will have plenty of time to lose yourself in the richness of the stunning, extensive and quite intact archaeological site of Olympia, famous to many as it was the very place where the Οlympic Games were born. There you will have the chance to see numerous masterpieces from the ancient Greek world and learn about the rich history of this land.
- Grasp the glory of the Mycenaean civilization
- Visit the Corinth Canal
- Discover the precious gems of atmospheric Nafplio or visit the imposing site of Ancient Messini
- Explore the most celebrated sanctuary of ancient Greece, Olympia
- Learn about the richness of the history and mythology of this land
- 2-day private excursion
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by private car or minivan
- Refreshment & snack basket
- Private services of a specialized Insider driver & guide
- 2-hour guided tour of the archaeological site and museum of Mycenae by state-licensed guide
- 2-hour guided tour of the archaeological site and museum of Olympia by state-licensed guide
- All taxes
Prices vary according to group size.
For detailed pricing and tour options please visit our booking form.